SCOPE OF K-9 TRAINING. Conditions and requirements.
1. Basic training
- psychological assessment
- selection of the type of training method
- teach how to use reward and punishment method
- teach how to use equipment
- getting accustomed to new behaviour and places
2. Basic training requirements before specialized training starts:
- teaching dog not to pick up food from the ground (exclude bribing)
- walking at heel with leash
- walking at heel without a leash
- remaining motionless
- laying down
- fetch/ retrieve
- barking on command
Prior doing the protection training, basic training must be completed because we must have full control and understanding of the emotions of our dog.
3. Specialized training
- Protection training (aggression)
- Detection training
- Distrust against stranger
- attack and call-off at the heel
- defence of the guide.
- attack and call-off from distance
- searching and bringing the handler
- attack on the handler
- chasing the handler and overcoming obstacles e.g walls, windows
- searching the site for the handler
- convoy and transfer assistant decoy
Prior to having specialized training basic training must be completed.
Typical dog characteristics for specialized training:
– dogs aged from 6 months to 3 years
– Active balanced character
– dogs must love to fetch/retrieve
– very good physical condition – an advantage is the ability to swim
The main principle is to choose the right dog for the person.
Happy Paw has developed a programme (a step-by-step training programme) for specialized training.
Prices for specialized training are negotiable, while the price for the basic course is given on the website.